Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Helping Amy to apply the social security benefit/Carlos Pueblo


Helping Amy to apply the social security benefit/Carlos Pueblo

Amy is looking forward to the social security income at age 62 for a long time
to help to pay the skyrocketing medical insurance premium. We applied the
forms on the website of the bureau and received a letter  from the bureau office
to bring in some original document to a local office to be verified. I always feel
that I must help her at least. The officer instructed her to call her at the parking
lot in order for her to arrange a window to accept those document. It is a very
different way from almost 10 years before when I applied. I was on an official
appointment method, of course, the internet was not common then.

We called and Amy left her message, then we decided to get into the office.
There were crowded applicants inside the waiting room and I noticed the
toilet available. A lady security guard announced the waiting procedure and
an estimate 2.5 hours waiting for service. I asked how to get a waiting number
and she took us outside to wait on one of the line, one for the security card and
the other for turning in document required. We had to wait our turn to get in
to that 2.5 hours waiting room and it was very hot, 94 degree in that morning
and an old gentleman was smoking in front of me. I complained to a lady behind
me and blame Donald Trump to cut the budget to hire sufficient administrators
to deal such huge business of social security bureau. I was hopeless, then, I called
again and left my message word by word in clear English and spelling out telephone
numbers twice, at the beginning and the end of my message. I less than 5 minutes,
I got a call back from the designated officer to take us to the window. We got it done
In less than 2 minutes yet she didn’t want to comment about Trump because the
boss relationship with her.

I thought it over after I returned home. It was not that long at all as a matter of fact.
I doubt that those crowded applicants were not only for the social security applicants
But some other forms of welfare recipients as well. It was because that I was not
accustomed to the new procedure and I misunderstood the way of their customer
service. I feel that I don’t owe money to the Federal Government and on the contrary,
the Government must provide an adequate manor to distribute the fund when desired
by the recipient.

No matter of the reserve fund of the social security in the future, I believe that the U.S.
Government will definitely step in to rescue the program in case of default via annual
budget arrangement either increase the tax or cut the benefit.  

No comments: