Monday, August 27, 2018

Mayor Ko P of Taipei is to run the President of Taiwan in 2020/Carlos Pueblo


Mayor Ko P of Taipei is to run the President of Taiwan in 2020/Carlos Pueblo

P is the professor in abbreviation in Taiwan for students to greet Mayor of Taipei,
Ko Wen-jer, a surgeon and professor of Taiwan University Medical School. He has
been very popular for his hard working as a first term Mayor of the Capital City of
Taiwan and is expected to be re-elected this November for his 2nd term and is to
run the next President of Taiwan in 2020 even the Chinese CCTV News has such
predictions. I know the reasons.

He is very talent and not shy of his high I.Q., 157 which I must admit my ignorance
of such numbers, prestige schools educated background, workaholic ethic, and
humorous expression of his philosophy toward the politics and human life. His famous
SOP, standard operation procedure, is adopted in Taiwan among all level of
management and he is changing the culture in Taiwan to become more pragmatic
in difference from a traditional politician. He is also a popular writer for several best
sellers and the best public speaker in Taiwan simply to express his experience and
idea. There are puzzles of life in Taiwan for Taiwanese and the voters can’t wait no
longer for a charismatic leader to manage their national government.

I have been his fan ever since 2013 when he ran the mayor. A certain part of population
are on the other side. Both major political parties criticize him and I analyze it with my
common sense of political observer’s experience. I am with the popular polls toward
him as well as most of the senior politician’s point in Taiwan. I believe that he can find
a way to improve the economic in Taiwan as well as the relationship with China. One
time I watched a Chinese political commentator to indicate that Chinese Chairman Xi
was very impressed of hm. I could see the warm expression of Chinese officials at
the Taipei and Shanghai Twin City Forum in 2017. He did a research of Chairman Mao
who defeated Chinese Nationalist Chiang during the civil war. I have no doubt of his
loyalty toward the future of Taiwan. His philosophy is very simple that no need to
bring up the debatable language which is not purpose of conversation. I shall not talk
to you if you insist Taiwan is part of China.

It is very rare to see such a good man to engage to the public service and also very
fun to watch the progress which he makes in Taipei, in compare with the anxiety
of Trump saga in the United States politic.


No comments: