Saturday, August 18, 2018

Early Voting in Texas/Carlos Pueblo


Early Voting in Texas/Carlos Pueblo

Today, I passed by a small park to a man’s league tennis and noticed the early
voting for November Mid-term election. It is 08/18/2018 for 11/06/2018 election
day. In U.S. the government encourages voters to vote set a very convenient way
for citizen to vote, early voting and absentee voting. I am leaving for Europe in
10 days and my vote will be mailed to me on 08/18/2018 to my address. It is
very unthinkable for voters in Taiwan to imagine that the actual vote be out of
the election booth. I did have my vote in 2016 when I was traveling in Europe
and voted by mail via an U.S. Embassy in Prague, the Czech Republic. I know
that my vote doesn’t count very much in Texas because that it is a Republican
country and I vote Democrat. I always expect that one of these days, we can
push over our congressman from our district or the federal senator.

Voters in Taiwan can’t enjoy such convenience to vote, you must return to
your registration address to vote on that particular day. Therefore, you can
see he traffic on railroad trains back to the south from the capital city of
Taipei. The government can’t figure out a possible way to solve such
inconvenience. However, the percentage of voters turn out is identical
between two nations. I did vote 2012 Presidential election in Taiwan during
my homecoming trip. Every vote counts in Taiwan not likes in the U.S. with
electrical college to decide the final count. In some way, Taiwanese vote is
heavier than the vote in the U.S.

Free voting symbolizes the democracy, a system which many people like me
love to watch. We elect the officer to handle him his right to rule and contribute
his effort to be benefit to the voters. Some elected officers do not take advantage
of such opportunity to create such benefit to the voters; therefore, there are always
some who make voters proud while some make voters disappointment. In history,
some great politicians and some scandalous rascals.

No comments: