Sunday, August 12, 2018

Helping a friend to use a mileage program/Carlos Pueblo


Helping a friend to use a mileage program/Carlos Pueblo

A call to me through Amy’s phone when we were at Austin for a help to use
a mileage program to obtain two tickets from Houston to Taipei and Taipei
to London on two different days. I thought that was easy like a piece of cake.
We set up an appointment at our home on Sunday morning because the
friend’s computer is not at function. Basically, using a mileage program to
purchase a set of tickets can avoid the un-necessary penalty for a non-round
trip purchase. She has about 87,000 miles which is sufficient to get such two
tickets.

I went on to log in her mileage account from my computer and was failed.
Tried again for three times and the account was frozen. She wanted to quit
and tried again on the other day. I insisted on calling the customer service
to pay a manual fee $25 to get it done. A lady on the other end nicely handled
the situation by presenting the choices of two routes. We were ready to get
it closed; however, she failed to answer the security question several times
and the company needed to send her a temporary code to get on their website
to change the security questions. We have had a hard time to get on her G-mail
account. Finally, she got something from her i-phone G-mail account; yet she
had to leave for a lunch party and quit for today. I’ll go back to her house and
use her computer to try again on Tuesday the earliest date for me.

I have had several purchase experience with the same company and with excellent
result. I begin to think it over what goes wrong with her purchase. I think that we
change a designated computer and cannot answer questions promptly and furthermore
, can’t follow up obtaining a temporary code issued by the company’s security
department. Therefore, her account is frozen for now even if we seek for manual
support from the company. I think that the company would rather doing the purchase
via internet which is safer and more secure that manually.

I am helping her until I leave for Europe at the end of the month. The two tickets with
mileage purchase and another one from an airliner with a discount rate from London
to Austin and she would manage a free ticket with voucher from another airliner. That
is a way of an economic travel, to save every penny as you can.


No comments: