Thursday, August 23, 2018

Two fallen friends/Carlos Pueblo


Two fallen friends/Carlos Pueblo

About two months ago, I received a regular e-mail from a tennis body attached
to another with a question, Is this our James? No, I answered that James was
taking care of his stroke wife. About two weeks ago, I received another e-mail
from our old Captain also attached to another e-mail from James’ wife,
indicated James had passed away. She is survived yet not him. I am wondering
that who is taking of her now. James is a few years older than me and is still in
his 70’s if alive. He never had told me any of his existing illness. I assume that
the stressful life to take care of his wife gets into him. Because of that, he
had quit his regular tennis and ping-pong activity. I move on of my life in tennis
without him, yet I shall miss his free income tax software every year.

Ming-chia is a year older than me and is my alma mater of Taiwan Normal. The
other day after our annual luncheon of school anniversary, some alumni went to
visit him at a nursing home with a brief report. I wondered the reason. He taught
me fishing and very generous and kind to me. I have tried several time to call
his un-answer phones and I understand that Mei-yu must be busy to care of him.
I thought that I should visit him before my leave for Europe. Phones are still not
Answered and I check with some alumni who went to visit him. Lynn told me
that he was not aware of her when they met. I am really not aware that the diabetes
can get to an old man this much. He is fallen.

Amy has told me stories of her church members survive from stroke, cancer and
with a combination of diabetes and in their 80’s still alive. There must be reasons
for me to think of. We conclude that at our old age before it get s critical, we must
visit our doctors often and take our medicine as much as the doctors prescribe. I
can imagine that both of my fallen friends who have been waiting too long for
their illness.



No comments: