Saturday, June 30, 2018

The trimmer warranty service continues/Carlos Pueblo


The trimmer warranty service continues/Carlos Pueblo

The trimmer’s warehouse mailed me the replacement battery and its charger
a day before yesterday and I couldn’t fit the battery to the receiving part of
the trimmer to start the small engine. I knew the reason why, then I attempted
to clean the surface of the electrode covered by the melted plastic from the
battery and still didn’t work. I took photos and started the warrant service and
on the next morning, the company’s representative responded and provided a
list of service lawn mowers dealers for me to take to one of them for repairing
or filing a new claim for a new part. I went to the second dealer on the list for
help and this was what I found for many knowledge related to the globalization
business.

While I was waiting for my turn of service, I looked around of the nice shop with
many name brands merchandise, i.e. Stihl, Honda, Yamakoyo, etc., mostly lawn
mowers, power tools, pressure engines, etc. I know Honda and I come back home
to check on Stihl, Yamakoyo, and my malfunction trimmer, Ryobi. Stihl is a German
manufacturer based near Stuttgart, Germany, the Mercedes headquarter while
Ryobi is a Japanese firm based near Hiroshima, Japan. My trimmer is made in China
costs $153 while there is a similar size Stihl trimmer on the show room for $129. I
know it instantly that the product is made in China otherwise it would cost much
more to be made in Germany, especially in West Germany.

After China opened up for business of manufacture with low cost of labor, the
worldwide companies took advantage of this production environment to invest
new plants and management to generate a much cheaper prices in order to
compete with all others in the world market. They also provide the necessary
quality control and warranty service after sale. They still maintain the sale
themselves. This is what I learn from a small warranty service, the principle and
procedure that first identify the problem, get the proof, and evaluate and pay.
If it is not working, send it to a local service contract shop for additional service.

The U.S. Administration is fighting the trade deficit by increasing tariffs on almost
all merchandises imported o this country. Victims first most will be the American
consumers with a higher prices to swallow. Now, huge companies are scared of
the recession and loss of business. The U.S. cannot recover the loss of manufacturing
ability that fast and that soon. It is a dangerous move.


No comments: