Friday, June 22, 2018

Product warranty/Carlos Pueblo


Product warranty/Carlos Pueblo

A weed trimmer which I used at Michelle’s yard won’t start and she generated
an order receipt for me to apply a product warranty at the Home Depot. I know
where to go to find the service station on I-10 Store. 8 months ago, I broke her
old trimmer and got it repaired at the same store while she ordered another one
in Austin; therefore, this new one is within one year and under warranty. I am
very impressed with the American business marketing of product warranty and
they mean it. It is one of the reason why the U.S. is so prosperous.

Once the mechanic at the rental shop noticed my warranty situation, he asked me
to call directly to the toll free number on the receipt to report the claim. I got the
idea how to coordinate with the representative. When I returned home, her e-mail
arrived. I have to take photos of the battery, charger, and the trimmer stick. The
mechanic identified the problem of melting electrode plastic adjacent to the metal
portion caused the short that won’t start the engine. Within four days of her evaluation
, I received her approval of new set of battery and charger. I shall expect to receive
both in 7 business days.

I assume that she order the parts from another warehouse inside the U.S. territory.
The product is made in China, her company put the merchandise on Home Depot’s
shelf or website for marketing. If it under warranty, there is another office to serve
that need while after warranty items, the Home Depot’s rental shop can order the
parts and fix it with a cost. Most customers would forget the high cost repairmen
and purchase a new one. The plastic head of the first trimmer is $80 to fix it and I
estimate the cost of battery replacement is more than $100 while a new one on
sale is $153.

Once I overheard Michelle’s job was helping a huge computer manufacture company
to organize the return items under warranty. They have been lost track via shipping
and very difficult to be audited. She let the company after 3 years and back to her
original consulting firm to do something different from the previous venture. I am
really amazing with the warranty idea of marketing such as electrical trimmer and
how about a new vehicle. Of course, many name brands manufacturers have certain
confidence to guarantee their products through their product warranty, one year, three
years, or even 10 years bumper to bumper limited warranty. Even some kinds of
repairmen, the shop offers three months or life time warranty. It is a good business
practice.



No comments: