Friday, June 8, 2018

Purchase a new vehicle 2018/Carlos Pueblo


Purchase a new vehicle 2018/Carlos Pueblo

We went to purchase a new vehicle yesterday and it was quite an experience.
Our daughter took a morning off and took us to visit two dealerships, one
Toyota and one Honda, which target were two models specifically, Camry and
Accord that we had had previously fine experience with. She had had some
study and got a referral from her cousin to get a sales manager to assist us for
to discount programs, one with Costco and another one with her own company’s
employee discount program. The manager assigned a sale to help us to locate
vehicles.

2018 Camry XSE and XLE, 4 and 6 cylinders accordingly, the sale took them for a
test drive while I was waiting in the show room and drinking free coffee. My
nephew, a vehicle enthusiast, came and chat with the sale and the sales manager.
I asked him about his three vehicles and the insurance cost. They came back from
test drive, the sale was busy to calculate the Costco discount and Michelle went
ahead to the Honda dealership to check on Accord. I asked Amy’s opinion of the
test drive vehicles and the preference. She liked each one of them. Michelle sent
text message with photo and figure of a V6 Accord and she liked it. The sale was
aware that I was ready to walk out. We were still waiting his figure and he had a
hard time with his slow computer and Michelle came back from the Honda
dealership with all information on her i-phone.

The first figure for XSE V4 finally came out. I guess XSE means extra sport edition
while XLE is extra luxury edition. Amy will be the principle driver of the new vehicle
while Michelle will inherit the vehicle after 10 years. I do have a final say of the
purchase. I asked the sale to figure out XSE V6 and again he had had a hard time to
get a quote because this vehicle was excluded on the Costco program due to new
and popular and I asked him try the second employee discount under Michelle’s.
Finally, he got the figure and while he managed the calculation, he mentioned the
Accord V6 was really a V4 plus a turbo engine cylinder. Michelle checked on her i-
phone and confirmed it. I have had no idea of the turbo engine and I back off the
Accord attempt. It took 6 ½ hours to finalize the sale and I went back to bring back
the new XSE V6 in the evening.

Amy will drive the new one, Michelle drove off 2013 Maxima and left her 2007
Camry XLE V6 for her brother Arthur to drive to work, and I finally took over the
no value 1998 Q45. Again, everyone in the house has a vehicle.
  

No comments: