Sunday, June 17, 2018

Lawn mowing under the summer sun/Carlos Pueblo


Lawn mowing under the summer sun/Carlos Pueblo

It is getting very difficult for me to do the lawn mowing under the summer sun in
Austin, Texas. I have been helping Michelle, our daughter, to do the lawn mowing
work ever since she purchased the property on Cherrywood, for rental property
change renter or now her own homestead regular maintenance. She is very busy
at work and also not suitable for a young lady. It is a volunteer work for both of us
, Amy does inside cleaning and outside garden, at our later age to make daily life
more occupied. It is indeed a meaningful life. I also have picked up my own lawn
mowing duty at home after moving to Village West residence, once a week during
the summer while Austin chore is mostly once every four weeks.

Her lawn mower is an electrical power one and seems to be less powerful and
less continual due to battery capacity. I have to rotate both and a waiting for
recharging several times. Usually, I have developed a procedure to alternate the
lawn mowing and weeding in order to charge batteries for both equipment.
Electrical machine is week yet more reliable while the electrical weed machines
, mostly replacing the old gasoline power one, are not so dependable. Each time
when it is broken, I must take the machine back to Houston for service. 1st time was
a broken head out of warranty period and I got the repair one for my own use while
she went ahead to purchase another one. Now, this 2nd one has a battery melt down
issue and I learn how to file a claim under the warranty. I try to explain the old
Confucian thought that in order to make a good job done, you must have a good
set of tool. Also, you must purchase several kinds of tool, such as power saw and
tree trimer pool, etc. in case often to send to use.

She bought the foreclosure property several years ago and gutted it out to replace
it with new venture. On the outside yard, she hired people to clean the lot, built a
garden shape on the back with some stone from a supplier of the grave yard. Now,
the stone are on my way to mow the front and back yard. I have to apply the weed
swinging to get rid of the weed grown between my chores.

Summer roses are not at the last for this year. I am leaving for the Europe at the end
of August for at least one and a half months. I ask her to do just the front lawn and
wait for me to clean it up on the back for the winter.






No comments: