Saturday, June 9, 2018

After additional tariffs/Carlos Pueblo


After additional tariffsCarlos Pueblo

On June 15, 2018, the United States will post additional tariffs on aluminum and
steel in order to solve the trade imbalance. I can fully understand the reason why
the administration takes such action even though I don’t agree with it. As a
private citizen, what do I have to prepare myself after the additional tariff posted?
I believe that the inflation will follow and the U.S. currency will be diminished
further. I have already been more firm of my frugal behavior and even more to
strengthen it.

I have done a new vehicle purchase which is going to be affected as the steel 25%
additional tax posted. Everything imported from the oversea will be more expansive
as before June 15, 2018. I don’t like to spend even avoid unnecessary spending, i.e.
the cruise trip in order to make up the unexpected old vehicle repairmen cost. I
shall continue not dinning out, not purchasing any clothes, foot ware, and attempting
to use the desk top as long as possible. I’ll eat more healthy food.

I don’t need to debate myself for what the U.S. government will do after increase the
Import tax revenue. I shall be glad if they can pay off some of the national debt while
I resent the tax incentive for the high income people or business venture even though
that may benefit my retirement investment plan. I trust the U.S. systems and never
bothered to the consequence of unemployment or business down turn. I must keep
on my practice of frugal behavior, manage my balance between income and spending.

It is amazing to see so many developed foreign national leaders to shuffle to and from
Washington D.C. in order to avoid tariff war. The world is more of the same complicated
among international trade competition. Just some 150 years ago, the U.S. fleet knocked
on Japanese port to open for trade and now just the opposite.








No comments: