Saturday, November 11, 2017

Visiting St. George’s Township, Bermuda/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting St. George’s Township, Bermuda/Carlos Pueblo

There is a free ferry from the Royal Naval Yard to St. George’s Parish on
the other end of Bermuda Islands. I took the service on the 2nd and 3rd day
of the visit. On the first day visit, I had had a very good hiking from the
King’s Square of the old town center, then walked up through an unfinished
Church then down to the Tabaco Beach, along the coast to St. Catherine’s
Beach, getting back to the Square through a dairy farm and a residential
area. Before all of this, I went to visit a gift shop and had a very good talk
with the well learned lady owner about the coral reefs.

I get used to enjoy the jewelry made of coral reefs in Taiwan when I was a
child. Taiwanese took the stuff like pearl harvest from the offshore in the
southeast part of Taiwan. It is pink in color when alive or is harvested while
alive. If the coral reef dies naturally, the color is white. On Google Search, I
can see all kinds of colorful pretty pictures. Bermuda islands are full of the
coral reefs after many other places in the world, Belize, Australia, and South
Africa etc. Taiwan is exhausted after generation of harvest. It is strictly prohibited
to any coral reef alive or dead at Bermuda not even mentioning of jewelry made.
I left her because she had some visitors entering to the shop. She invited me to
come back for some more discussion.

I walked through an old town street full of stores and entered the King’s Square
by the bay filled with yachts. An old man an old British army uniform hallo loudly
to solicit a guided tour and attracted a lot of people watching him even extended
to a small bridge to a rest room. I went on to see an old church up stage with an
old church yard surround it. Up there, I could view the harbor with larger sail
ships disembark on the piers. Continuing hiking through an unfinished church, I reached
to the Tabaco Beach. Many people were gathering around the crystal clear lagoon for
a summer day swimming and a bar and sandwich restaurant was just by the beach. I
turned around and hiked toward St. Catherine’s Beach along the coastal line. There is
a small castle with a battery gun still facing the sea and now is a museum. Only few visitors
on the beautiful sand beach.

I followed a coastal line highway to walk back to the Square in order to take the ferry and
I got lost. I remembered that did pass by a dairy farm and a high school until entered a
residential area and ran into a carriage which was on the street side of the Square. The
driver was introducing a 300 years old mansion to her two young customers.



No comments: