Monday, November 6, 2017

Return to Buenos Aires, Argentina/Carlos Pueblo

Return to Buenos Aires, Argentina/Carlos Pueblo

The cruise ship sailed across the Montevideo Bay overnight and arrived at B.A.
on the next morning. I was prepared for this day to come to board on the ship
back to San Francisco, California instead of disembark at the port. I walked out
of the terminal and entered a main bus station to add on metro card called
Sube which I purchased in 2015. Then, I changed my mind to walk toward
Florida Avenue which I had had some experience as well. I found the English
Clock Tower Square and entered the Avenue toward the city center. I felt very
well and decided to walk all the way to hostel where I plan to stay on Mexico
Street. On my way, I visited two stores and a laundry mat which had had business
on my last visit. After making my payment, I took a bus to the city rose garden,
Rosal, and got lost by walking down to an opposite direction toward Recoleta,
the famous cemetery. After several local kind people’s advice, I took a train
back to the main station at Retiro. The ship stayed on the pier for an extra night.

I love Buenos Aires and I know that I shall come back to visit. I had no problem to
Find the square of English Clock Tower. The British Empire attempted at least twice
to invade this part of South America and twice expelled by the colonial militia.
Finally, English immigrated to this territory as the industrialist to develop business
and settled here. The statistics of the Google, there are 100,000 English speaking
minority in Argentina nowadays. Argentina still keeps the Tower; however, there is
a memorial place nearby to honor the loss of life during the Falkland Islands conflict,
or Malvinas in Argentina. I found Florida Avenue and first store where I purchased a
fashion leather jacket for Amy and regretfully that the weather in Houston had been
inadequate. The owner or the manager told me that I could not get such jacket with
that price anymore. I agreed with him very much. I kept on walking toward the end
of the street and made a right turn to Venezuela Street. The second store is right at
the corner. I bought two shoes that year and the store clerk and manager did remember
me. The lady clerk complained the business. I like both shoes, one of them, I have wore
them on my foreign trips ever since.
The owner of a laundry mat had been changed. New owner mentioned that the previous
one had a new baby and stayed home. The inn keeper advised me take a bus nearby to
the Rosedal and I had no problem to find it. This is my favorite rose garden of the world.
I thought that I could walk back to the cruise terminal by passing through the cemetery,
the University and finally Retiro; however, I made a wrong choice of direction on the
Liberator Avenue. I walked toward the opposite direction till I almost reached the
Chinatown. Again with some advice, I took a train back the main station where was very

Near to the port.

No comments: