Friday, July 31, 2015

Visiting Alicante, Spain/ Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Alicante, Spain/ Carlos Pueblo
Alicante is on the coastal line of the Mediterranean south of Valencia of
1 ½ hours train ride. It was my final visiting city in Spain, the next day I
would return to Barcelona for a flight back to Houston. Alicante has a
well established harbor for the marine business. I walked along the coast
north to the Moor’s castle, Castle of Santa Barbara, and returned through
the narrow streets of the old town to the train station. I stopped by a
Museum  near by the station.

People were enjoying the white beach, la costa de blanca, for the late
spring in front of castle. I needed to walk up and across a highway bridge to
near the castle. There was an elevator going up the old castle now as a
museum. I did not go up instead walk down to enter the old town streets.
Many restaurants put up their tables and chairs outside for business. I
could imagine the activity at night.

I did see three Chinese stores here in Alicante, a city of almost 600,000
population, an attorney office for immigration, a super market, and a
Chinese restaurant. They were from a southeast province of Chechiang,
a city nearby Wen Chou.






No comments: