Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Why I like cruise/ Carlos Pueblo

Why I like cruise/ Carlos Pueblo

About 4 years ago, I went on taking a cruise trip, a luxury tour in my life,
touring New England and 3 Canadian provinces for the foliage. It was too
early for New England tree to change color yet I made a mistake for not
planning well ending up staying at LaQuardia overnight. 2 years later, we
took another cruise touring Alaska. I still made some errors in planning yet
I was more confidence in cruise. Less than a year later, I took the same ship
to its Western Caribbean, one from New Orleans and one from Houston.
Embarking from Houston terminal, I would make my son earning $180 and
myself $100 for providing shuttle for us to and from the terminal and for a
pair of Los Angeles Cantonese ladies from the terminal via Space Center to
Intercontinental Airport.

The cost for cruise is higher than other kinds of traveling and also the cruise
Terminal concentrates in some major cities; therefore, I must also consider
the round trip airfare and I don’t usually get the discount for the cruise and
airfare simultaneously; therefore, it is not for me to select the destination but
my travel agency to inform me instantly for both discount. Finally, I combine
my land trip with cruise trip such as this 31 day Europe trip so I feel that I save
on one round trip airfare. For example, I am closely monitoring a Hawaii cruise
in the fall so I can visit four other islands other than Oahu and after that I can
go to Japan or Taiwan for additional trip. I also like to go back to Europe two
more times to take advantage of a re-position ship across the Atlantic Ocean.


After I pay 7 days fare on cruise, I am free of room and board for that week. I
can stop using internet like what I have done at home, no television , no
newspaper, and no telephone. The ship navigates at night and I can see the
sunrise and sunset every day. In the morning, it is another harbor, another
city, and another nation. I can view the harbor, the city, and the mountain.
I have a whole day to take a walk to the harbor, the city, and some time hiking
to the mountain. I can come back for lunch and go out again sitting on a bench
to observe passengers and the busy harbor while some passengers to use their
free internet phone. The music program begins at 7 o’clock at night until midnight.
I usually quit before 10 pm. There are piano, guitar, 70’s, 80’s old songs, rock and
roll etc. The artists perform by imitation of the famous singers for their hits. When I
watch these kinds of singing on you tube, I don’t see the response from the audience.
I don’t have real concert experience yet this is good enough for me and also has at no
additional cost.

The cruise liner is also a partner of a big art gallery. This gallery holds several auctions
on the ship during the week. During the auction, the auction direct would quickly
introduce the artist, his work, and the market value. This helps me understand some
basic knowledge for example, the impressionist, the realist, and Picasso the
abstractionist. One year when I visited Yale University Fine Art Museum, it helped me
to understand the guide tour by two Ph.D. candidates of fine art for some Yale
collection. The auction director make it very easy to understand the work of that artist.

I meet some successful people during my cruise. There are some interesting subjects

which we chat about. I have written on my personal bolg for my memory. 

No comments: