Friday, July 17, 2015

Doing laundry at Civitavecchia, Italy/ Carlos Pueblo

Doing laundry at Civitavecchia, Italy/ Carlos Pueblo

I only had had one and a half set of changing cloths after leaving Napoli.
I had to do laundry at the next stop, Civitavecchia, near Rome. I tried to
avoid unnecessary expanse by sending to the cleaner on the ship. A bus
took the passengers to a stop at the edge of the harbor, you could walk
one more to a train station to take a train to Rome, or you could walk
down to the street directly to the downtown of that port. A store owner
told me the street, Via Zara, to find a coin washeteria. I did find it and soon
walked back and went back to do the washing. It was a very pretty down
even though it was cloudy with a light rain. There were two circles traffic
center with rose gardens with scarlet red as fancy silk garment.

I took my lab top computer trying to get my e-mails and failed to get
connected. I did see many people standing outside the washeteria using
the smart phone. A girl and her mother, I guessed they were the owner
of the store, helped me loading the cloths and exchange some coins.
After they left, I found out that the dryer was not heated. I had had some
bad experience that in Spain hostels dryers were not functioning properly.
This would force me to use nature dry on the terrace, in this case, I hanged
The wet cloths inside the closet and shower room in my cabin.

I made a wrong turn on my way back to the ship. I walked through a fish men’s
harbor. The men were busy to darn the fishing net. Outside of the ground,
there were many small fishing boats. I believe that the seafood restaurant
here is freshly  caught seafood without any doubt.

I came so close to Rome and yet not even took a train to reach such a historical
City, I felt sorry for myself. I plan to go back to Europe very soon and I shall find
More time to visit Italy, before that I shall visit France and Germany.

At night, I concentrated to a program called Guitar & Vocal Jim Capik. He was
from Loveland, Colorado. I have been to his hometown several times since
1979, Loveland is an old ski resort. He is like a singing poet, playing a guitar
and describes the word like a poem by singing. There were some guests
appearance at his program for instance I saw people hit drum with him, an
English lady passenger joined him for an hour. She is a singer in London night
Club, later one night he was joined with two other singers from Howl at the
Moon.


1 comment:

Muhammad Bilal said...

Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! fco airport to civitavecchia