Friday, July 17, 2015

Visiting Napoli, Italy/ Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Napoli, Italy/ Carlos Pueblo
Napoli, Italy is the first stop for the tour. The cruise ship anchored on a
landing pier. I walked toward a castle next to the pier. Inside the castle,
the palace has become a paid museum. There were places awaiting for
me to visit and I walked out of the castle towards the Cathedral Square.
 On the east side of the square, there is the Cathedral along with some
mercantile stores; on the south side are naval offices while the rest two
sides are independent office buildings. It was too early in the morning, I
did not see very much activity in the square. I walked again toward the
the harbor and a small beach.

I asked an Italian gentleman in a small park in Spanish for a toilet. He
answered in English that there was no public toilet yet I could use one
inside a store for a small consumption. I got a small bottle of beer and
came out of that store and ran into a couple of Chinese tourists, a mother
and a daughter from Shanghai, China. They were on a group tour of Europe
taking a bus ride seven or eight hours a day. They mentioned a place in
northern Italy where I should arrange for a visit by showing me several
photos of that fishing village. The mother of this pair has been to Taiwan and
impressed  with Taiwan for its polite people and its clean environment. I
liked this couple already and I accompanied them to walk on the beach and
walked them to their bus stop.

 I continued walking towards a subway station to a museum up to a small
Hill. You can see the unique white castle on the hill top from the cruise. That
Italian gentleman recommended me take the subway up and walk down
because of the exhaustion. It is only one stop and one Euro train fare. A
jewelry store owner chatted with me and informed me that Houston just
having flooded. He did not know where and I was not quite sure our house
was  alright, not until two days later on a shuttle boat with a Houston couple.
The old castle has been converted to a paid museum with a flat ground. I helped
a young man to take some photos for him. He is from Philippine and working for
the cruise. I followed him down to the Castle on the harbor. He liked to take
some more pictures.

I asked the Chinese couple from Beijing where they went. They went on an
excursion to see Roman ruin of Pompeii and Mt. Heculaneum. I did read a
prose of Chinese spoken literature text when I was at seven grade. The Arthur
described Pompeii ruin. It is still here at Napoli.
  


No comments: