Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Howl at the Moon/ Carlos Pueblo

Howl at the Moon/ Carlos Pueblo
Howl at the Moon was a musical program at the cruise which I took to the
Mediterranean last month. I met a couple from Beijing, China on the ship and
took them to another music program, Manhattan. We passed by a bar called
Headliner with big laughing audience. Mr. Cheng said that their English was not
Enough to understand the show; therefore, we skipped that show. Actually, they
enjoyed the Manhattan with a dance on the floor. One night, I was watching a
guitar show at a bar, a pair of singers joined the guitarist for singing a different
kind of music. This pair of singers draw big crow of audience. One keynoter
announced that they would hold another show on the next night. I went to that
show net day. It was crowded and very successful as usual. After the cruise, I
double check my e-mail records, I found that the show was Howl at the Moon of
which Connie Permar, the pretty Hawaiian girl I met in Barcelona recommended
me. I checked with the cruise staff who indicated that the music was Rock and Roll.

Rock and Roll music makes people feels like dancing. I saw a small group of passengers
passing by the guitarist’s program with Howl at the Moon cutting in with his music.
A pair from that group, jumped in dancing in a very small area. The old man is a good
dancer indeed with all kinds of trick, his lady partner is good as well. More and more
passengers stopped by and the night program became as an attraction point. Later, a
Japanese lady under her husband’s encourage, replaced the original lady dancing partner.
She is excellent surprisingly talent. I made up a simple Japanese sentence to her husband
that his wife was number one among all. He wanted to buy a glass of beer for me and of
course my compliment did not worth that much 8 Euro. Many cruise passengers are
really enjoying the evening entertaining programs.

The group is consisted of two keyboarders and a drummer and is Rock and Roll with quick
tone step. Amazingly there were many young audience know the words and could follow
the singing. The group is very confident allowing audience to ask for songs, usually some
audience attach a bill with a note, the key singer would proudly announce how much and
make up joke with it. Some time he would indicate that he did not know the song or the
tip was too small or something else. They also accepted drink and bottom up immediately.
The performers and the audience were very worm and at the peak of his performance, he
would untie his small pig tail and shake his head making his singing action like a wolf’s
howling.  I am not familiar with Rock and Roll yet I can feel the popularity among American
young  generation.

I used to sit at the edge of a bar for not interfering with it regular business because I did not
feel like to spend the money. I feel that I should save the money for the next cruise trip. I
did not find such edge bench in a bar; therefore, I sit like regular customer on a chair or sofa
yet not buying anything. I am getting more and more comfortable for my behavior in public
nowadays.  



No comments: