Friday, July 24, 2015

Visiting Palma, Spain/ Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Palma, Spain/ Carlos Pueblo
Palma is located on the eastern offshore of Spain, is the final night of this
cruise tour. The ship arrived to the harbor a little bit earlier than the schedule
of 2 pm. I followed the fellow passengers across the street to a business area,
then walked along a naval base to the northwest part of the island.

I followed a young lady and the crowd to the shopping center until she entered
a mall, then I had to decide where to go next. I chose the seacoast area direction
where was against the recommended route from a map. A pedestrian path
surrounds a large naval base. The military installation is all inside the woods.
Palma harbor area provides small rental motor cycles for tourists. On the north
side of the base, there is a cliff or rocky beach facing the sea, the Mediterranean.
The city provides some parking spaces along with some benches for viewing. I
did go down a little bit to see the beach. Some people were enjoying the sunshine
with naked bodies. Again I regret that my pocket binocular is not quite up to
standard use, plus they are not quite at young age.

On the west side of the base, there are 4 155 cm cannons installed inside concrete
bunkers. The guns are all facing to the sea. It may be in a long peace time, the base
is not quite well maintained. Several donkeys are wondering inside the base for weeds.
There is a highway to additional piers. I saw a bus stop in front of a convention center.
Passing through a custom gate, I could see the cruise ship on the harbor. I thought
That I could walk pass the south side of the base to reach the ship. The path was
Interrupted by water and I knew that I had to walk back to the coming route. I found
a place under a big tree for a nap. It was on Saturday and the harbor area was empty.

  

No comments: