Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Visiting Seville, Spain/ Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Seville, Spain/ Carlos Pueblo
Seville is on the southwestern part of Spain, yet it is on the northwest of
Malaga. It takes two hours regular train ride from Malaga to Seville. On
my way to Seville early one morning, I could have a view of the Sierra
Nevada, the new snowy mountains. There is a Sierra Nevada between the
State of Nevada and California and I believe that is from this area through
Spanish-Mexican era before U.S. In the scale of mountains, the former are
smaller than the later. There are farming villages along with railway, sun
flowers in addition to general crops such as the olive, the almond, and some
wheat field. Seville station is quite new and there is a high speed train AVE
stop here. It is the capital of Andalusia with 0.7 million population inside
city limit, 1.5 million in metropolitan area. It is the most hottest city with
35 centigrade during summer. It used to be a trading harbor due to the
Guadlquivir River to connect to the Atlantic Ocean 50 km away. I regret very
much that I miss this river and the most beautiful scenery of the city.

After coming down to the steps, I was attracted by a bunch of red color
flowers on a iron wire fence of a small park. It is the bougainvillaea bloom-
ing in late spring. I walked toward a golden dome building, a catholic church
with a function of a school. Across to the church, there is another small park
with three sides of big wall. Obviously it was an old court yard of a castle.
I carefully inspected the wall as it was my curiosity to see how the wall was made
of at that time. Outside of the wall is residential area and are very busy. I
admitted that might be of fatigue for carrying so much walking for so many days.
I began asking people the route back to the train station.

I recognized the street as the reverse route of the beginning and I felt more
comfortable . Actually, the downtown area with all the palace, parks, and the
river is not far away. Finally, I asked a gentleman sitting on a park bench for the
direction. This senior was very attentively listening to me. He re-organized my
questions in Spanish as asked me if that was what I desired. I nodded and said
si senior all the time. The station is just ahead of me.

I sit outside of a McDonald Restaurant. Lying down on a concrete roll, I noticed
the whole station platform were full of the tree called Chinaberry, Melia Azedarach.
I did ask many people passing by and no one was sure what it was. Chinaberry is the
Name identified by my old neighbor Dorothy, a well learned wife of a physician. One
year when I was in Taiwan and asked my old sister about this tree at our old hometown
Puli at the central part of Taiwan. She immediately identified as Kuo Ling tree and I
checked on google in Chinese and found Melia Azedarach in formal Chinaberry as
common. One year summer, the tree in front of our house was blown down, and Mother
was sadly said that such big trunk should be able to build several cloth cabinet.


No comments: