Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Visiting Cannes, France/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Cannes, France/Carlos Pueblo
Cannes is on the southeast of France and is famous for its film festival
during the mid-May for 10 days. The city is very beautiful yet only 73
thousands population. I got off the ship walking along the beach on
both sides of the peninsula, then, across a street cutting in to a hill
residential area back to another side of beach.

The harbor may not be deep enough to sustain a 153 thousand tons of ship;
therefore, the ship anchored off shore and transferred the passenger
to the wharf. The cruise uses its own diesel engine life boat to make the
transfer. It is quite unique that the life boat is about the size of a military
landing boat and moves rather fast. I had had a Canada Chinese couple as my
walking company. Cannes is a French Riviera, means a winter resort area. It
was still quite early in the morning, we did not see very many crowd on the
beach. Most of the convention building was not open for business. The
design of the beach with gardens, parks, museum, convention center, is
very unique. Wood deck pier is connected to a hotel for its customers to use.
There is a big rose garden adjacent to a large park connects to additional
beach. We made a turn to the other side of the peninsula. It is a small gulf of
the Mediterranean like a huge lake surrounded by three sides of land. I tried
to use my pocket binocular to see Nice, France, another famous French Riviera.
There are many piers for yacht and sail boat piers on this side of beach.

My companions were prepared to visit some scenery points, so we walked across
an avenue to a uphill street onto the other side of the peninsula. It is a uphill
alright to a luxury residential area. I wonder if this is a vacation house subdivision
which we call it in the States. Garden is inside a high brick wall with a gate for car
to be in and out. Several kinds of tropical plants are inside the wall with blooming
flowers. After this point, it is downhill towards the direction of the cruise ship. We
passed by two pretty flower shops full with various flowers and I was so impressed.
Roses are inside a pot on the ground while petunia pots are hanging in the air. Both
Flower shops are not far away. At another intersection, the couple asked a police for
Direction and continued to make a right turn uphill to the top. I was told that I missed
The most beautiful scenery of Cannes, a Museum , the Cathedral, and an overlook of
the city and harbor.

I continued walking down to the original side of the beach. At that time more visitors
appeared. I walked and sit on the big open area along the beach avenue. Cruise passengers
were returning from their adventure. On the other side of my turn to the ship, there is
another big section of boat piers and city harbor section where I doubt very much that I
can visit in one day.






No comments: