Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Two money issues a day/Carlos Pueblo

 Two money issues a day/Carlos Pueblo

Even though money is no longer an issue to me after that I brag about how I can make something out of nothing, a Taoism; however, I am still very much concerned with it due to my humble background in my childhood. There are two money issues popping up today which are bothering me a bit. I receive a check from a flood company and is unable to deposit to my checking account and I receive a notice from the IRS to pay a penalty of my 2021 income tax return. The flood commission check is about $98 while the IRS penalty is about $500 and I am bothered.

It was cold and rain drizzling and I made a special trip to a local bank to make a deposit after my morning tennis. It is my habit to deposit the check as soon as possible to my checking account even though the bank never pay me any interest on checking account. I was not pleased when the young male clerk asked me for my identification before he found out my account number below my signature. He filled out a deposit slip and ran through both check and the slip to the machine. Then, he carefully inspected the check for several minutes and finally decided to reject my deposit. He informed me to call the issuer of the company, the flood company in Florida, to find out why the check was not ready for depositary or depository. I asked to speak to his manager at the bank. She agreed with him and told me the same thing. I was furious. I went back home before taking a shower and called the customer service to complain and I wanted to complain following to the chain of command to the top. A customer service manager told me that the chairman of the bank would not accept a phone call. She advised me to go to another branch to seek my luck. I did and was rejected again. A more friendly branch manager took a look and advised me to wait for a few days for the flood company to make it available for deposit. That is it.

In the late afternoon of the same today. I checked my mailbox and found the unwelcome IRS letter to find a penalty of $500 plus  to pay instead of an audit. I have already recovered my anxiety of the deposit issue in the morning and no more fighting spirit. I must pay whatever due to me from the IRS even though I am paying more now than ever before and I am not working at all for more than 20 years. Amy agrees to help me for $200 because her investment made a killing in 2021. 

No comments: