Sunday, November 20, 2022

Back to Alaska cruises 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Back to Alaska cruises 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Lucky me at the end of my cross Atlantic cruise, I quickly found a pair of Alaska cruises reasonable to my budget level. I asked Amy to join me and she gladly accepted. We took off one and a half days earlier than the embark day in Seattle in order to avoid airline penalty on that Sunday. She agreed to my arrangement to save some of her money. She asked our daughter Michelle to give us a night to stay at Hyatt Hotel. Before landing at Seattle, her sister Emily was so nice to book her a hotel stay at a hotel nearby the airport.

What did happen was unexpectedly even with an experience traveler like me. We took a shuttle bus sent it by the hotel to take us to the hotel, yet the front desk of the hotel couldn't find Emily's reservation and asked us to wait at the lobby for a on duty manager next at 1:00 am. We waited it again and the new manager on duty still couldn't find the reservation. It was very awkward and yet I didn't know what to do next. Finally, the manager told me that the reservation was on another hotel on the other side of the airport. There are two hotels with the same franchise at Seattle Airport. We were not be alert at all. Frugal like me refused to stay at this hotel and took the first free shuttle bus back to the airport. Amy was very quiet this time and I didn't blame anybody but myself silly.

We got to a close station to a Hyatt Seattle. There are many Hyatt hotels in Seattle by the way. It was raining and very typical in the city all the time. We passed by a luxury Hyatt and the address was wrong and I also didn't think Michelle would spend that kind of hotel points for us for a briefly one day stay. With many friendly and kind of the city locals help, we arrived early to the hotel. The hotel would take our luggage before our check in time at two.

Emily sent her daughter Wendy to meet us on a street in front of a French restaurant where we had our fancy French breakfast at raining. She only took a cup of coffee. She bought another cup on another street for us to use the toilet. It was very inconvenient while we were away from home. That is why I like the cruise travel.

Amy loves this pretty niece, slender , tall, and smart, a chemical engineer with a MIT engineer degree. Both of their parents and Amy are all very proud of her; therefore, I took her to a Japanese restaurant for lunch and bought some fruits for her to take back her Seattle home. We shall have another day at in Seattle between this back to back cruises and we invite her out again. She had something more interesting to do and not accepted.

No comments: