Saturday, November 19, 2022

Return visit to Livorno, Italy 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Return visit to Livorno, Italy 2022/Carlos Pueblo

The ship left Cannes, France at night and sailing along the Mediterranean north coast down to Italy. I know that the party will be end very soon. It is my third time to visit this lovely Italian town in five years. The cruise liner states the port as a part of the famous Florence, Italy and as a matter of the fact, it is also closed to Pisa, Italy to the north. I used to find a coin operated washeteria downtown to do my laundry. It was at the early of my cruise travel career. Now I can have a free bag laundry on the ship due to my latitude class with the company.

I follow the city canal to have my morning march. There are plenty of sail boats and fishing boats at the pier and a canal is connected to the lovely downtown. I can imagine the old city kingdom based on the sea port rich in trading and fishing in the Mediterranean started in the ancient time of the Roman Empire era. It was on Saturday and the city was full of people from the local and the cruise ship. I came into the city church grounds and every significant areas to take pictures for my own memory. I ran into several lovely pets and their friendly young owners proudly presenting their darlings for me to take photos. That is the most wonderful activity of my world travel. I have had many pets friends.

A good size of orchestra with uniforms were presenting music at the front of a local bank. I joined a large crowd to listen until they finished. I was very impressed with the musical performance as well as the Italian's musical habit. I have no problem this time to return to my ship along to the canal because I just follow to the crowd. On the first time of my visit, an old local gentleman helped me to get back in English.

No comments: