Saturday, November 19, 2022

Returning home from Europe 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Returning home from Europe 2022/Carlos Pueblo

The Transatlantic cruise came to an end when we arrived to Civitavecchia, Italy after a whole night sailing from Livorno, Italy. I was ready and packed before I went to sleep. Civitavecchia which means an old woman in Italian is a port considered as an outside port of Rome. I have been to this port for three different times on cruises and never have an opportunity to visit the great city of Rome because that I don't know how to make it in one day.

I bought an arranged shuttle bus to the train station because that I was lazy. Last time I took a march and at the first time I even took advantage to a whole day shuttle to find and did my laundry at the downtown. Civitavecchia is a typical lovely European city indeed. I had had no problem to purchase a train ticket to hob on a train to Rome and purchased another ticket to get to an express train to Rome International Airport. It was all under the public transportation. 

The counter of the Turkey Air asked me if I liked to take an early flight to Istanbul, Turkey. I willingly accepted the offer. I have had a good impression of Istanbul and love the city very much. What I did was purchasing an one way air plane ticket through my Chase Bank credit card mileage point and made up the difference amount from the card. The Card has a contract with the airline to waive the one way penalty; therefore, I pay half of a round trip tickets with no additional one way ticket charge. I just found it on this trip. You see that I came in with the cruise cross Atlantic and needed a one way plane ticket back home. I insist not to pay the 30 Euros to enter Turkey because I only change the plane.

After having my one foot vegetable sandwich at the airport Subway shop, I found a nice Japanese restaurant. I took a look of the price and guessed that was not unreasonable price. I took a seat and ordered a plate of Shushi and Sashimi combination plus a local draft beer. It was so delicious and I ordered another bottle of beer. I had had a very good nap on this crowded long haul of trip back to Houston, Texas. I deserved such treat since I saved so much on the transportation costs.

No comments: