Saturday, November 12, 2022

Bump into friends at cruises/Carlos Pueblo

 Bump into friends at cruises/Carlos Pueblo

There were two cruises recently which I bumped into friends unexpectedly and one unusual event of a NATO naval drill at Halifax Bay in Nova Scotia, Canada. I must temporarily suspend my cruise journal to Livorno/Florence, Italy before the summer this year to describe this chance encounter. At the first disembark tender boat, I ran into Ivy Pan of Pittsburgh who was my old neighbor at Huwei, Taiwan. We have had so much fond memories back then, about our favorite school  teachers, our neighbors, and of course my kid sister Grace, etc. Her traveling companions including a daughter of a former distinguished senior high president who helped me to get an assignment to teach at senior high school chemistry when I returned home from the frontier army service in 1973.

I am so glad to see Rosie Hunte and Mac Nurse of the Fire and Ice Duo performing at the Breakaway. I have been their loyal fan since my first cruise in 2011 at the similar route. She sings 4 times for me her title song, Midnight train to Georgia of the great hit of Gladys Knight during my two back to back cruises. With the approval of the ship's general manager, I have invited each of them to my latitude dinners at the Cagney's Steak House.

On the second time stop at Newport, Rhode Island, I made an usual march to the old town area across the pier. I ran into an old frame house mansion of Anna Pell, the grandmother of the late Senator Pell. A young man named Chris who walked his neighbor's dog chatted with me about my admiration of the late Senator and his friendly effort to help Taiwan. Later in the week, he texted me that he took some pictures for me of the late senator's childhood residence. I explained to him why the late senator was so friendly to Taiwan because he was influenced by George Kerr, the author of the Formosa Betrayed.

I also ran into two of my long lost daughters, Abbigail and Leilani. I have adopted more than 400 beautiful daughters on ships and now I begin to adopt grand daughters due to my old age. 

I found a air plane carrier on the bay of Halifax, Nova Scotia on her NATO drill with another 14 cruisers among the U.S. German and Dutch navies. Last time, I did run into the QE II of the U.K. on her maiden voyage to the North America. Gerald R. Ford is closer to the Cruise ship this time.

No comments: