Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The squirrel farmer/Carlos Pueblo

 The squirrel farmer/Carlos Pueblo

There are plants coming out on our yards front and back such as the peanut and the corn. I try very hard to avoid mowing them down. I was from the village when I was a boy. I can identify them as the crop for food. It is because my neighbor feeds the birds and squirrels on his back yard constantly. Birds with different colors have appeared regularly after their meals and fly away. The squirrel is very busy to hide its catch everywhere. Amy reminds me after seeing the squirrel's digging on my small pots for my seeds growing of the amaryllis. I wonder why the squirrel can get from my flake like seeds. After the rain, there are two peanut sprouts coming out of pots. The squirrel knows how to hide its food yet there are too many and it can't figure out exactly where they all are. Mike will feed them regularly anyway.

Once they come out to get my fruits, they are nomadic.. They like my fragrant melons and the luffa. Some time they will also bother my tangerine as well. It won't bother me any loner because they are fighting for their survival like me when I became an adult and married. I have my interest of growing something limited to enjoy looking to plants and flowers like the St. Augustine lawn like the young rice field. I wait patiently for my growing the amaryllis from seeds to plants.

This is the theory of the co-existence of the nature. I understand the nature. The squirrel is like a farmer in my view. I can't say that I like them yet I must acknowledge their existence and their right to dig my pots and harvest my produce. One time I hired some one cut down a huge fallen tree and found out they lived inside the decayed hole at the bottom. I would rather to watch them than read or watch those miserable news in the politic.

No comments: