Tuesday, June 29, 2021

The early man gets un-ripe melons/Carlos Pueblo

 The early man gets un-ripe melons/Carlos Pueblo

After several days rain, paper covers of three melons outside of a dog cage were fading away. I decided to pick them all to end my first season growing of melons this year. They were not ripe yet I were concerned that squirrels might get them first. The other day, one of the fruits inside the cage was eaten half by a small squirrel that alerted me greatly. I have five harvest this year like before even with additional pots around the cage. Most of the vines stayed away from the cage; therefore, fruits were naked. I do enjoy the growing of plants with green leaves, yellow flowers, and the golden yellow melons inside the cage.

Another group of melon plants are coming out now after he rain. I believe that they are water melons. I understand the season is over yet I still enjoy to transfer them around the small space after cutting down a huge frozen dead tree. The luffa gourd plants are doing very well now and blooming. I know fully that squirrels won't leave them along. I am determined to get their peanuts on the yard first.

I see pineapple plants are doing well after the rain. I know that they can't pass the incoming severe cold winter which is fine with me as long as I can see them growing. I have many amaryllis sprouts coming out this year plus the second year plants 12 of them. These are seeds from the senora's garden that I spray and buried on the ground. I know that I have to waited for seven more years to see the flowers.

No comments: