Thursday, June 10, 2021

Growing plants on my yards/Carlos Pueblo

 Growing plants on my yards/Carlos Pueblo

After the rain, I can enjoy watching our plants coming out and doing well. Especially, I like to mention three of my projects lately, growing the amaryllis, the cock's cum, and the fragrant melon from seeds as well as the pineapple plant from the crown head. I wish  I have a two acres yard yet it is alright that the 0.2 acre land is satisfactory for the time being because doing yard work is only a small part of my daily activity. I can't live too far away from the city center and tennis facility.

Last year, I started to dust the corn flake type of amaryllis seeds on the ground. There are more than a dozen young plants coming out and surviving the severe cold week in February this year. They are doing very well yet I must wait seven years to see the first blossom. No problem, I can still enjoy my old plants from the old house and walk by the Senora's garden where I get the seeds from. She has a charming front garden on her front yard. This year, I ask her permission to gather more seeds and has buried them under  pots and available space before the heavy rains. New plants have already shoot out. I have already thank to Kim and her husband to teach the proper way to grow the flower from the seed. She spent $25 a plant for her front yard and got the idea from me to grown it with her own seeds. She is the neighbor giving me the cock's cum plants and now I have some second generation plants moved to Michelle's house in Austin, Texas.

I am getting better and better to grow the fragrant melon on big pots with a dog cage which I gathered from the neighbor's trash. There were 4 fruits last year. This year I can only hide two inside and many stay out side the cage. I am not sure squirrels will leave them alone. It is fine with me that I only enjoy to see the growing of the melons.

We eat pineapples all the time. I save the cut of the head and grow them on the back yard. Squirrels and possums will dig them out and I always bury them back and water them. Pineapples don't survive during the frozen weather and I have to do the growing again this year.

No comments: