Sunday, June 20, 2021

My insured is moving out of Houston/Carlos Pueblo

 My insured is moving out of Houston/Carlos Pueblo

My insured, Mrs. Chen, is moving out of Houston to Portland, Oregon to be closed with her daughter. She asks me to cancel her flood policy and asks her relator to send me the closing statement for her house. I am so glad to see that she finally gets rid of her house which has been very depressed for generation. I didn't forget to ask her about her IRA investment which I helped her to purchase some twenty plus years ago. She says that she still keeps them and the value top four hundred thousands with initial fifty thousands. I am so happy for her and like very much to share this successful immigrant story for my readers all over the world.

I was with her husband at the building 37 at Johnson Space Center, Clear Lake City campus during the late 70's. He worked for a sub-contractor until his passing away in the late 90's. Before his death, he asked me to place some of his pension fund to a roll over IRA account. Later, she joined in for her own individual IRA account. It was stopped on my part due to my termination of contract with the life insurance company. After her loss of her husband, she kept on working as a sales clerk at a department store at a Mall nearby. I still keeps her flood policy as the service agent. She is the insured whom I still remember to have the mutual funds saving from me not the largest one yet still in my memory. If we use the compound interest theory or the rule of the seventy, we can figure the average return yield is about 10%. It has been double every seven year since her investment.

Her husband is a Ph.D. in either Biology or Biochemistry with a steady job with NASA. Like most of Taiwanese immigrants to the U.S. were at their graduate study in the science and engineering fields. They could keep a white collar position with limited English proficiency. Taking advantage of this opportunity to immigrate to his great nation, they are prevailing and flourishing. She is going to live nearby her physician daughter's family. I believe that she has another daughter as a business executive in San Francisco, California. It is much better off than average native American population.

I must point it out that we do have a good school system in Taiwan built by Japanese Empire, 1895-1945 which is able to produce many professional for the U.S. society to use. She is just one of the successful story.

No comments: