Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Still waiting for my denture/Carlos Pueblo

 Still waiting for my denture/Carlos Pueblo

More than one and half months before, I have started my installation of my new denture in order to replace my old sets. Almost every other week, I must go to the dentist's office to do some preparations such as the extraction of loose teeth, making molds and re-adjustments, and  mostly the waiting for the mail in and out to a laboratory in California. I suspect that the demand is not high enough in Houston to have a local laboratory to meet the market demand. At the same time, I am still managing to use my old sets to do the daily intake of foods.

I try to imagine how my dentist to structure my new sets. He uses fake teeth to fill holes on my teeth beds two of them up and down. My old sets are more like the construction of bridges with the metal as the skeleton and support of the frame to hold every one tooth lost. There are holes made to hold on to my healthy teeth between that make very much sense of the structure engineering. I have checked a model every time I check out of the dentist's office, yet I still can't imagine how my new sets will do the job. New sets are all plastic not metal frame.

I select the denture instead of the in plant because of the cost difference and also that I do have knowledge about the fake teeth installation. My cousin, Dr. Chen of Taipei, Taiwan, has installed my first sets of fake teeth in Taipei in 2013 and are still very strong and sound except I have had additional teeth fallen. His father is my mother's elder brother. While I was staying at their home between 1963-1966, I saw his technician working on the denture hardware on the ground behind his dental clinic. He could come back and forth to check with his technician to adjust the crown, bridge, and the denture, etc. Last time, my visit to his son's clinic was much easier and smoother than now I am in Houston. They are three generation of dentists in their family.

Nurses in the dentist clinic in Houston have measure my blood pressure and found out my new issue with it. My blood pressure is high now at the brink of high blood pressure, the second high of my body other than the diabetes, blood sugar. I am so disappointed and frustrated. Health issues are coming on me as along as I am getting old and I have also need to worry my son's health issue. I am suffering on aging like the current Buddha describes.

No comments: