Sunday, January 24, 2021

My fond memory of Taiwan(2)/Carlos Pueblo

 My fond memory of Taiwan(2)/Carlos Pueblo

The U.S. is facing a tremendous economic challenge due to the Chinese Wuhan corona virus pandemic out break. It has been almost a year and there is no sign of controlling the out break; therefore, the new administration under the new President Biden would like to propose another fund to stimulate the economic to avoid the recession. Amy was watching Governor Cuomo's regular news report of the pandemic in the State of New York. He did mention his fond memory at his grandfather's grocery store credit system. The history will honor the senior Cuomo to generate two exceptional Governors Cuomo, Mario and Andrew, in the great state of New York. Senior Cuomo gave his needed customers some credit to live until their pay day to come. I also have had the same experience in my childhood. I was from a very humble credit receiving family of nine.

This was in 1958. One day my mother told me that we only had NT$10.00 a day to purchase the grocery. At that time, the exchange rate was 40:1 versus the U.S. dollar. That means a quarter a day. My dad's salary was about NT$800.00 a month and equal to US$20.00. So, it was very hard on all of us at that time. A kind of grocery store in our neighborhood gave us credit to live by. The situation had been on for most of my life until Yancy came to the United States and starting to send the US aid.

We were under a heavy pressure to be survival from the early of our life. We all studied very hard in order to get into a good school and find a job after graduation. Four of us made an ambitious choice to go abroad, the US, to find a better opportunity and we made it. The language which President Biden has describe is very familiar to me and lucky US citizen to have a nation with generosity. I say it would help not should help from the prospect of the poor family.

I like to describe that how my dad to get a constant loan from his old classmate to finance our tuitions to finish schools on another article. It is printed in my mind for life.

No comments: