Tuesday, January 12, 2021

How and what do I get from playing the senior tennis?/Carlos Pueblo

 How and what do I get from playing the senior tennis?/Carlos Pueblo

Since the beginning of 2020, I have had very much exercises by playing tennis with the old people. These are people who are playing with me for a long time and just happen that I do have solved their tennis court issue. I apply a key to our court and receive one. Fortunately, there are few neighbors to play tennis. It takes a while for people to enjoy playing tennis plus we must have a plenty of free time.

The joy of playing tennis is the rally, the volley, the overhead, and chasing the incoming ball, etc. During the process of playing tennis, we receive very much exercises and also keep the balance of our old body. We always want to avoid the fall. Now, I have three groups to play at our single court in a week. They all like to exercises and keep a good health; however, there are still some issues to solve, i.e. we are at a different level of skill and we all have had opinions and attitude toward this sport. Different effort shown while playing the game can be a result of a good tennis or not. I have had two different players on two different groups are always hit out, or hit to the net, or miss the on coming ball, etc. Therefore, the rally is ended.

I openly say that I don't want to be his partner and be with another partner. When we play each other, I have avoided to play the ball directly to him by loving the ball to his partner. This way we can have a longer rally and when I am forced to play to him would be if I am jammed or not playing in control. Amazingly the strategy works, both of them seemed to engage more and show an effort to the game.

This is my problem because I like to win the game. Playing tennis with the older people can help me to achieve such goal to win the game. It is much more difficult to be a winner nowadays in the real world. If I lose a game, I would plan a different strategy to play on the next time. Some time it works and some time it won't work. At least, I get the exercises and it is a good hobby to play tennis at the old age.

No comments: