Sunday, August 2, 2020

The midnight chat with Arthur/Carlos Pueblo

The midnight chat with Arthur/Carlos Pueblo

The other night Arthur was back from work and ready to eat his meal. I was awake for urination. He reported to me that he made about $300 for his buy low sell high target stock, an oil company. I congratulate him and am very happy for his second job other than his super market clerk. Actually, based on his strategy that he can't loose too much and only makes a little in comparison. He also has a silent partner, personal savings in funds and retirement stocks worked for him. We have had a good conversation about our personal finance.

I have a big chunk of an oil stock which has not performed well at all for quite some time. It is the oil price which I understand that I should do his buy low and sell high strategy. I don't do it because that one time in the past I had to buy it back in a higher price. The stock went up pass $100 a share and now back to $43 a share. Luckily, my bet to high tech stocks works. He says that the owners of high tech companies are smarter than regular nice talking executive of regular companies. He points out several big names whom I am familiar with. As long as my high tech investing are working, I am allowed to have my leisure life during my senior age.

I mention the computer game which I have never played while he plays all days and nights. He says that is like a chess game which requires plan ahead. Now the human brain can't play better than a computer because the computer can hold more previous successful moves into its data base while a smart chess player is with a limit volume of his brain. It does make sense. In order to prolong our chat, I bring up my story of the Japanese Go game. A gentleman in San Diego taught me how to play Go on a cruise across the Panama Canal. He mentions that I can play with the other on the internet or even with a computer. Now I know that is also a computer game. I am no longer that hostile toward the computer game any longer after his explanation.

I am very fortunate to have him as my son. Amy asks me frequently if I have a chat with him because that he is considered a lonely and introverted person, yet he is a well learned person. He knows what his limit is and very satisfied with what he has had now. I have made up my mind ever since his birth that I will help him to have a happy life.

No comments: