Wednesday, August 12, 2020

How to catch up at the school/Carlos Pueblo

 How to catch up at the school/Carlos Pueblo


Schools are the places where we learn the knowledge in order to face the future job related challenge; however, many students, including myself, fail to catch up with the progress. I always have had a nightmare about such failure which is built in my subconscious. As a student, it is very misery for not catch up in the class and there are many reasons. I believe that doing the reading of the text book and doing the exercises at the end of a chapter are the best way to catch up at the school.


All school have a curriculum to be followed and with a text book on a subject to teach. There is an examination to assess the learning progress. Back to the time when I was in Taiwan, we had to pass the entrance examination to get the permission to limited space available at a junior middle school, senior high school, and college, etc. A male student must pass such college entrance examination to get a seat to the college or you had to be draft into the military 2-3 years services which was my nightmare was built in. That was not it, if you couldn't make it and got kicked out of the college, you were also to face the draft issue. I had been in those situations for many years and I knew that to catch up at the school was very vital.


Actually, this is an advise from my elder brother Yancy who is a much better student than I am. After one of my major failure at the college examination, he advised me to go back to all the text books to review them and to do all the exercises chapter by chapter and repeatedly. I had had a better learning environment when I was at the graduate school, I could catch up with some of the study which I missed at the undergraduate study. After many years passed, I attempted to gt a teaching job at the high school after I lost my insurance company's contract. I went to review three college books, general chemistry, general physics, and physical chemistry and did every chapter's exercises and I felt good even though I could only hold that job for two months. I am still feeling good.


A time of computer has changed all the school learning which I admit it; however, the basic training of the logic is the same. We can't wait until that everything is right in order to learn and also, there are many good schools and bad schools in the world and we can only have one at a time to study. It is really doesn't matter for anything that how to catch up with our study is more important of all. i see most of the failed students are lack of self confidence and don't want to settle down and spend the time needed to read the text book and do the exercises. We must make up our mind in it to catch up at the school.

No comments: