Saturday, August 15, 2020

Swimming reminds me the siting mediation/Carlos Pueblo

 Swimming reminds me the siting mediation/Carlos Pueblo


It is so calm and peace to swim in a pool by myself during the summer and reminds me of the siting mediation which I have learned since my childhood. My dad is a devoted Buddhist at the later days of his life. He told me that was a way to avoid the anxiety. Of course he had had with such a huge burden in the family for an insufficient income to support a large family. He discovered that a siting mediation might do some help to quiet down my stress and showed me how to do the lotus sit like the current day Buddha. He also referred me to a visiting friend of his from Philippine, Mr. Liu to reinforce the idea. Mr. Liu explained that the sit shorten the distance of the running blood from the feet back to the heart; therefore, our body got warmer. What the idea behind the sit is to think that our eyes look down  at our nose and our nose again looks down to our hear to form a concentrated mind. I learned to recite the secret chanting from Buddhist sutras along with the sit. In order to finish my swimming distance, I count my completed laps along the way; however, I have lost the counts most of the time; therefore, I abandon the count and let it be. I swim till I am tired like I sit till I am sleepy.


I don't practice the sit any longer because that I am very settle with my life now a day. I don't believe that I can achieve anything more. All what I desire is a healthy body and mind. I did my sit during my loss of a job each time to help me to get some sleep. I worried so much for the family because of the decreasing of income and worried that the children were still young, etc. The sit comes back to my mind likes something failure in my life. I didn't think of the swimming then due to lock of the facility and time.


I can do it now with exercises to consume some parts of my daily life. Instead of siting I swim, walk, and playing tennis. I also do the gardening and writing. Every day comes and passes by and I anticipate every coming day.

No comments: