Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Make a good use of a text book/Carlos Pueblo

 Make a good use of a text book/Carlos Pueblo


While at a school, we must make a good use of a text book. What I have stated as how to catch up at a school is based on making a good use of a text book. It is because that the curriculum is mainly based on the text book of a school to select. I was late to understand the factor only when I was away from college and teaching at a senior high school. My dad's old boss at work was retired and teaching at a junior college at that time. He mentioned to me how wonderful a text book served to him as a reference, i.e. the glossary for our search for the definition of a word. Most of the text book has a basic definition of such word and we can also go to the chapter to find more in details. Our schools education are all related from the elementary school up to the college even the future continue education. A good text book is very handy even as convenient as the current day Google search.


I was very good at the arithmetic when I was at the elementary school. My next door neighbor who was a year ahead of me gave me his old arithmetic text book and my teacher gave me a brand new note book to drill. I was ahead of the class for at least one year. I lost that habit after I entered the junior high school and was behind on algebra, plane geometry, and trigonometry. The failure to catch up with the mathematics continue to the senior high school and the college. I has been very miserable and regrettable in my life. I believe that to make a good use of a text book, like the math book, at least can help us to catch up with the class. In Taiwan, there are varies entrance examination for senior high school and colleges; therefore, we can make it up to pass those examinations by reviewing and drill all of those we are behind by repeating drill of the text book. My goal is to study abroad especially in the United States; therefore, I must select the natural science field at college, i.e. chemistry. I must go back to the old math text book to drill more and more in order to make it to average level and make up with the other courses to bring up my average in order to pass such examination to enter a good college. 


I went to a teacher's university to study with the tuition free for my degree and then, I got a teaching assistant position for my graduate study in the U.S. Even though I had had a hard time to prolong my carrier as a trained chemist, I did make a successful change of carrier as an insurance agent and some general security business. I didn't work for as long as I desire; however, I did save sufficient fund to make the family going through. The old text book helps me to get the knowledge of numbers and to make a balance sheet in my family life. Now, I can even manage my budget to pay the minimum tax due by making a tax plan to direct my yearly income level. Amazing isn't it? It is all from the old text book of the math.

No comments: