Monday, August 10, 2020

The school education/Carlos Pueblo

 The school education/Carlos Pueblo


The school education is vital important for a nation as well as an individual. It may not seem to be that important for the rich; however, it is the reasonable method for the poor to break their poverty class. I believe it from my own experience. I have had 19 years school education completed in my life while my father has had 10 years and his dad has none. Similar cases occurred in my siblings and we all come out of the poverty class.


I was a trained middle school teacher when I was in Taiwan. It was a public service position employed by the government. If I don't make an outrage mistake, I shall have that position till my retirement with a handsome pension. I don't see any burden of myself to the society as well as the government. Of course, none of my ancestors were a burden of any governments because back then there were no obligation from the rulers for any of their slaves. I consider my ancestors are the slaves of the Manchu Dynasty, the Japanese Empire, and the Nationalist Chinese Regime. It is similar to what happened in the old North America.


My father was very fortunate to have his mandatory school education when Japanese applied their education law in Taiwan to make the elementary school compulsory. He did well and was encouraged to take an examination to go further. He has had another five years school education at a technology school to be trained as an engineer. Once he completed the tech school, he found a job with a sugar refinery plant. Two of my uncles with no records at all and I assumed no school education at all. It is very sorry and there is none to be told at all.


The only interest of my dad is to support all his children to get a proper school education and the most important matter of his life is to see all his children to make it in school. He doesn't have money enough; however, he can tell how proud he is of his children to get a good school education. He was so proud of me when I taught at a provincial senior high school and hand over my salary every other month for 6 months. He attempted to see me off at the airport when I left Taiwan.


I have had two children in my family. Again, the school education is very important for my children as I have learned it from my dad. I can even tutor both of them in math and physical science. They all finish their college degrees and work alone with a very good attitude of working, saving, and investing. Like me, they all make hays while it is sunshine.


The U.S. job market has changed dramatically due to the development of the computer technology. The school education is playing a major role of learning to use that tool. I know that may not be the only way of life; however, it is nice to know how to operate a mobile phone and to send an e-mail. I must have a help from Arthur, my son, when I encounter some difficulty in computer. He learns the knowledge from his schools. 

No comments: