Sunday, August 9, 2020

My leisure life under the Pandemic/Carlos Pueblo

 My leisure life under the Pandemic/Carlos Pueblo


It has been more than 6 months since I schedule a leisure life to face the lock down of the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus Pandemic. Actually, it is a four to 5 hours exercises in the morning to lead a much relaxing daily life with plenty of naps, internet watching, and writing throughout my daily life. 


I start my morning walk before the day break at about 5:30 am. First, I go north round alone streets of the section II on the side of our house, then, I come back from the north down to the south end street one by one. I run into my fellow morning walkers and the most pleasant matter is to greet my pet dogs friends alone the walk. Most of them are insisting on waiting for me or coming forward to meet me. Both the dog owner and myself are very touching. I have had such luxury for years. Now, I have had at least three owners allowing me to walk with their dogs for a short distance and I also have several walk friends stop by for a brief chat.I feel so lucky to have a friendly neighborhood. The morning walk if complete on every street would be about 5 miles and three hours of time.


After the walk, I would have a breakfast and a long nap to recover my exhaustion which I understand that I am an old man already and I must be nice to the old body.  Our swimming pool is well maintained two cleaning services a week. I have had an article to describe the facility and not many neighbors to take advantage of the facility. I have three routines to follow, a 15, 20, and 25 counter clock circle laps to make about 1, 2 and 2.5 hours of time. I swim like a fish.


There are two tennis meets, on Friday and Sunday morning at 7:30 am. I would keep my morning walk on schedule for 8 streets and meet my other three partners who are at my age. We have had two competitive sets of double last about 1 and half hours. Since we have had so much fun, we are going to add another meet on Tuesday night.


I help Amy to do some cooking and the pasta making on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Friday is only for a clam soup making accompany with her shrimp noodle. Saturday is the pasta day that I make the dough from the all purpose flour and roll the dumpling skin for her to make the dumpling. It is because of the Pandemic which has caused to closure of a dumpling restaurant. I also make some steam bun for ourselves because Arthur doesn't eat it. Sunday is a day of beef noodle soup for Arthur, as a matter of a fact, all three are for Arthur, the clam soup, the dumpling, and the beef noodle and I come to release three dinners making for Amy and I enjoy it.


I have some yard work done regularly. I mow the yard every other week on Wednesday after the morning walk and a nap before the swimming. It is the best for my old body. My yard looks good because of the rain and the full grown of the St. Augustine grass. Even my edge work looks nice and neat. I am very proud of it and save a little bit of money. My second season of the Korean melons are coming out now. This year, I have had a harvest of seven melons and some long beans.

No comments: