Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The distribution of the retirement funds/Carlos Pueblo

The distribution of the retirement funds/Carlos Pueblo

It is so much fun to count retirement funds, for instance, count the appreciation value on a up tick stock day and count how much money I need to withdraw from various retirement accounts. I don't really need to be concerned about the second $1,200 check at all. They can argue all the time as they want. If I don't have the money, I don't spend. What I need to get the distribution of funds because I still need to meet my obligation after I enter  the no earned income age and I am still alive.

I count on the social security income now very much. Both Amy's and mine are sufficient to meet the necessity, i.e. the grocery and some payments; however, to maintain a household expenditure, we still need to have the supplement income, then, the retirement income comes in. Early of the year, I have already withdraw my requirement minimum distribution from three accounts; however, there is an error by a company's clerk that the withdrawal is all on an after tax account, the annuity. Fortunately, due to the down fall of 401k to 101k, the Fed release a waiver for this year's RMD due to the down value of the stock market. I can wait till January 2, 2021 to withdraw that amount as I desire. This is my money and I don't like to go through again of the anxiety; therefore, I decide to take some money out again to pay the year end real estate tax and prepare to pay off a second credit card 0% interest loan. I think that I can manipulate the money like getting something from nothing. Actually it is what I have saved and invested during my working years.

This account is different from the other accounts because that I must mail in the request forms of several pages. It is a life insurance company; however, I am not complaining because the fund is managed very well and the amount withdraw is small. I mail it the forms because I don't know how to fax them via my cell phone. I have to take such chance of a crash during the mailing. As a matter of fact, I would be suffered even more with the devaluation of funds left behind.

This is why I am so relax now at an old age to do whatever I want to do except to be very careful of my exposure of the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus Pandemic. It seems to control the disease is more difficult that managing my own retirement funds.

No comments: