Saturday, January 27, 2024

Travel scare at Galveston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo

 Travel scare at Galveston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo

Last week, I bought a last minute cruise ticket to board on a cruise to the western Caribbean. I did run into a scare to commute from a parking space at a local motel to the cruise terminal. Let me describe what have been happened to an experienced traveler like me. I did purchase a parking ticket through a company called the Airport Parking which leases space at a local inn on 6107 Broadway St. The internet advertisement states a free shuttle ride every 5 minutes to the terminal and will send me an e-mail confirmation. Actually, the company doesn't provide both of them, e-mail the confirmation and free shuttle services.

There is a time constraint to get on the ship; therefore. I was forced to ask my daughter Michelle in Austin to book an Uber to the port. The Uber's driver came with pretty fast speed; however, she said that Michelle's order was only to a port parking lot and she couldn't make a change. She said that she couldn't contact with her. That was my first scare, I couldn't get off the car and asked for a taxi. Finally, she made a change and charged to Michelle's account and I paid $5 tip right away.

I asked the cruise guest service to write down the street address of the disembark on 1/26/24. It is cruise terminal 25, 2502 Harborside Drive, to 6107 Broadway St about 3.5 miles away. The designated drive couldn't find the location and finally approached to another location and only wished to wait for 2 minutes. I had no other choice but took a more expansive regular taxi to my parking car. I did have my second scare and anxiety all the week to worry about how to get back home on time to have a long planed lunch.

On my way to get my car, I did worry about my 4 tires if they were in drivable condition and that was number 3 scare. Finally, I did drive very careful through a very thick frog from Galveston to west Houston and that was scare number 4. 

No comments: