Saturday, January 13, 2024

Going back to visit Taiwan in 2024/Carlos Pueblo

 Going back to visit Taiwan in 2024/Carlos Pueblo

Since we are doing the house renovation, I may just stay home to enjoy the fresh jack up sinking foundation, fresh interior paint, new hardwood floor, and new front and back yard in the spring of this year to avoid the inflating rate of a cruise trip; however, I still need to go back to Taiwan for my needed dental work. Two years ago, I was in New York City Chinatown to have a bite of a quava fruit and broke a small piece of a tooth at the bottom. About two weeks ago I had had an infection and my dentist predicted to make a new denture to replace the current one. I like to do it in Taiwan before the tooth is fallen out. It makes an economic sense to do it in Taiwan.

I did purchase my first leg from Houston to Taiwan on my mileage credit at the first, then a ticket from Tokyo to Taipei with another insufficient credit card points after making up the different in cash to avoid one way ticket penalty. I also have booked a five nights stay at an inexpensive hotels near by Taipei Main Rail Station. First, I need to visit my dentist cousin on the next day to meet the time frame to make a denture in order to have sufficient time to go back to Tokyo to catch on a Transpacific cruise back to Alaska on 4/10/2024. Of course, I must get the cruise rate without the single room penalty, otherwise, I shall fly back to Houston from Taipei. I shall keep my eyes on another cruise to Japan in May this year.

I also decide to visit Taiwan Normal University, my Alma Mater. Roger Huang, my classmate and a Ph.D. from Tokyo University, will join me to visit the Department of Chemistry and the senior executive Vice President Chen will receive us. I always like to visit Universities while in my worldwide travel. I also feel very good when I have the opportunity to visit scholars in my life.


No comments: