Thursday, January 18, 2024

Staying in Yokohoma, Japan/Carlos Pueblo

 Staying in Yokohama, Japan/Carlos Pueblo

Last year in December, our ship changed the route to disembark in the port of Tokyo instead of the original designated Yokohama; therefore, we had to stay in Yokohama hotel which we booked before the trip. It was alright due to the Japan Rail Pass we bought to get rides to Tokyo and Kamakura. We also had had the opportunity to visit the Yokohama China Town.

Our hotel is near a train station closed to the Yokohama Garden, actually is a baseball park. I could have a nice view from my room to see the park, if there were games on those five nights, I should be on a good seat free of charge. It is also very closed to the China Town which is one of the large in size worldwide.

We walked to Chinatown on the first night to find a Chinese restaurant for the dinner. We got one with a special promotional discount, 50% off. It was a bowl of delicious noodle. We did ask more items other than the discount one. I didn't ask for a cold beer because of the price; however, our neighbor Japanese ladies did enjoy their fried dumplings and beers handsomely. I asked them if there were salary ladies. They couldn't understand what I meant. There is a vocabulary called salary man in current day Japanese to indicate to those Japanese gentlemen who always wear suits and take train to work. I figured these two ladies should be under that category. I can introduce myself well in Japanese yet I am still not able to command in advanced conversation. 

We went back to China town on the second night to find the same restaurant, yet we almost got lost because I didn't write down the street name, it was Hong Kong district. We met another younger pair of Japanese girls. They seemed to be familiar with Chinese foods. The younger owner explained to us what they ordered were  another discounted dishes like the buffet in order. I don't see that in Houston China town. You can order 5 dishes to eat with a fix price and the restaurant allows you to eat these five as long as you can handle.

We did try again on the day we left Yokohama for lunch. It was very interesting; however, I was not so much impressed after three days eating at the same restaurant.


No comments: