Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Live in a meaningful way of life/Carlos Pueblo

 Live in a meaningful way of life/Carlos Pueblo

The late Vietnamese monk Thick Nhat Hanh says on his book, Jesus and Buddha are brother, about the path to the Buddha is to live in a meaningful way of life. Of course, you decide and define what is a meaningful way of life yourself. Buddha is a human being not the holly and almighty,

One day, the current day Buddha walked out of his palace home and saw the misery of the homeless starving by the street sides. He decided to live alone and sit to think. One day after a while of sitting alone, he suddenly, under a tree, understood the meaning of his life, we call it insight. He became a good teacher of the mankind. He advised his followers to live in a meaningful way of life.

I am his follower and always find my way to live in a meaningful life after I read this piece on that book. Of course, I define my meaningful way of life. I agree to spend money to renovate our house. I tolerate the inconvenient yet I do see some old found memory by rearranging old boxes and drawers. I can enjoy more by living in the newly remodel house and I don't have to go out to a cruise ship that often.

I can do the garden in the spring and I can also play tennis and swim again. I am going back to Taiwan for a visit and re-build my fake teeth. I can visit old childhood friends and maybe I can catch on a last minute cruise back to Alaska.


No comments: