Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Lost at Alicante, Spain for searching ATM/Carlos Pueblo

 Lost at Alicante, Spain for searching ATM/Carlos Pueblo

After Malaga we arrived Alicante, Spain over night. I planned to get some Euro from an ATM machine at the port; however, I got lost for searching such facility. I did have five days stay at Alicante previously and with a very fond memory of it. The city was the site of an Hollywood movie, El Cid, started by Charles Heston and Sophia Loren about a story during the Moor's war in Spain before Columbus era. There was a final scene of battles at a castle at Alicante when el Cid was dead yet leading a charge to the castle. I thought that I could have some Euro change to ride a shuttle bus to the downtown Alicante to visit the old dead river bed with a love bridge full of the valentine locks and lovely roses. I could also visit the Cathedral with a David star on it.

I was lost after I walked out of the pier into a city block with some residential area and business section, a huge square block outside of the city. I couldn't find a bank or any ATM machines at all. I did finally found a bus stop yet I couldn't get on it because that I ran out of my Euro change. Fortunately, I did find a small eatery where I could use its toilet.

That year, I went to Barcelona to visit Spain on the high speed rail including Madrid, Seville, Cordoba, and Malaga etc. On my train ride, I did pass the original Sierra Nevada, Spain while I knew the difference of the Sierra Nevada of the California and Nevada border line.

I was not disappointed that day. I know that I shall come back again to visit Alicante one of these days.

No comments: