Saturday, August 27, 2022

Re-visiting Malaga, Spain 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Malaga, Spain 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Malaga is located on the southern part of Spain with lovely weather and scenery. I was here one year for five days and with fond memory. It is one of the main reasons why I select this cruise trip. I promised my fellow passengers to guide them to the city center to visit the botanical garden, the city hall rose garden, the Moor's castle, and the lovely downtown.

We took a taxi van and shared the expanse to the downtown. I let a group of 4 Chinese ladies to walk up to the castle. I accompanied Mrs. Chu, a Ph.D. in the organic chemistry and her 93 years old mother to walk along the botanical garden toward the city hall and its rose garden. A rich and successful local business man donated the botanical garden to the city to keep variety of plants from all over the world. The city has kept an excellent maintenance of the garden. All plants are doing very well in the climate of Malaga. I found the rose garden finally with certain disappointment. The previous glory was gone that I guessed was the relocation of the city hall. It was one of my favorite rose gardens in the world such as the Queen Mary's at the Regency Royal Park in London, Queen Elizabeth II  in Vancouver, Canada, and the Rosetta in Buenos Aires, Argentina, etc.

I noticed the re-location of the city hall because we used the now hotel and museum's rest room. Then we cut in to the city center. I was a little bit of concerned with this old lady's physical condition and slow down a bit. Actually she was very healthy. I did explain Picasso, Danish Andersen, and Miguel de Cervantes the creator of Don Quixote. I didn't find the old hostel location last time I stayed.

We sit down in front of the old Roman wall and the entrance of the castle for a free WiFi connection. I was very satisfied with that day's progress. Mrs. Chu and I had a very good conversation that I regretted very much that I didn't complete my Ph.D. in chemistry when I was young. She had her Ph.D. from Rutgers with a post doctorate study at the Cal Tech and now works for the federal government.

No comments: