Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Visiting Cadiz, Spain/Carlos Pueblo

 Visiting Cadiz, Spain/Carlos Pueblo

The schedule on the cruise line listed Seville as the next stop after Lisbon, Portugal with a parentheses of Cadiz as the disembarkation port. It means that Cadiz is very closed to the famous Seville where you can make a visit in a day. I am all right with Cadiz only tour as always. Cadiz had been the departing port for Christopher Columbus twice in his epic voyage across the Atlantic to America, the first one at Palos, Huelva and the third one at Sanlucar, Cadiz all in the southern part of Spain. I like to see if the Spanish keep the Columbus site for us to visit. I also like to meet a pretty Spanish girl, Sheila Rodriguez whom I met at Bristol. England. She told me that she was two hours drive away from Cadiz and I gave up my hope to see her this time.

I marched directly to the downtown center. It is a very lovely city with orange fruits hanging on trees. The downtown is unusually busy for the threat of Covid-19 and I walked as long as I could. All stores were open. A large cathedral is located within with many visitors and yes it is free to enter. 

I came to a larget market with complete operation. I paid more attention of the fish market stands. There are several rolls of fish stand with variety of fresh products. It reminds me the famous Tsukiji market in Tokyo, Japan. Yet I only find a small  busy sushi and sashimi restaurant. 

I wish that I could visit Seville this time to complete my visit of that city. Seville was a capital city of a Moor Kingdom with a lovely castle right in the current day downtown. I was a little bit concern of my time back then when I turned around back to the rail station. I stayed at Malaga and took the high speed rail to visit Seville one day. I could either go to visit Gibraltar or Granada. I didn't dare to take any of those. I may have another opportunity this year.

No comments: