Thursday, May 27, 2021

Even though I say that I don't watch the television/Carlos Pueblo

 Even though I say that I don't watch the television/Carlos Pueblo

Even though I say that I don't watch the television, yet I do watch the You Tube on the internet. My information need is very simple nowadays. I don't need very fancy program and I can control the exceeding commercial with the You Tube better that the television. Plus, I go to sleep early after I am getting in years. What do I hook with the internet programs? I am watching now with a Pu-Tien Chinese cooking, a rural Vietnamese girl's daily life of fishing and cooking, Jen Psaki's White House news briefing, a Chinese butcher's pork stand at the rural Hebei Province, and some home gardening, etc.

It is called the vlog for the video posted on the You Tube. Now even some news media print and television have joined the live broadcasting. I am fascinated with Chinese cooking because that I like to cook for myself. I admit that I can't cook like the chef on his vlog because that I don't like that many of spices. At least, I learn some of the names on the menu in Chinese restaurant. This particular chef uses a lot of ginger, garlic, onion, red pepper, star anise, cooking rice wine, beers , , soy sauces, etc. to get rid of the smell of the meat and the fish. Amy asks me to prepare some of my learning and I don't like to because I am lazy and it is not good and too rich for me.

A Vietnamese girl has a vlog which is very interesting to me. She can catch all kinds of fish including the frog from the river, rice paddy and ditches. She also shows how to cook her catches and invite her mother-in-law for lunch. She is a talent young lady with multiple skills other than catching fishes and cooking. She can also make dresses and drive a light boat among rivers and creeks, etc., to do shopping and marketing her own produce. 

Even though I don't like to kill and eat pig, yet I like to watch people purchase meat on the butcher's stand. It is a different feeling from the current nice and the clean supermarket. This has brought back my good memory of a famous story between a butcher father-in-law and a poor miserable son-in-law on a Chinese classic novel, the failed Confucian scholars. I pay attention to the pork price in China in compare with the beef cost in Houston. It is interesting.

I like to have some knowledge of the home gardening. We try to grow something on our limited space on our yards. The vlog has been a help and we are doing well with our trees handicap. Those plants and St. Augustine grass are managing to grow well with the help of the rain.

I watch Jen Psaki's White House news brief every day if it is available to know what is going on with President Biden's mind to manage the nation. I then answer Amy's questions about the Corona Virus and the vaccination progress in the U.S. as well as Taiwan and Japan. I think that I fully understand and can explain well to her.

No comments: