Sunday, May 30, 2021

A good memory of my life/Carlos Pueblo

 A good memory of my life/Carlos Pueblo

Yesterday was a morning off tennis due to a forecast of thunder storm 90%, actually the rain came in early. It was fine with me that I got my arm rested for a day. I usually have a long nap about 90 minutes after my morning exercises, walking and playing tennis. I think of my senior life all the time and feel that I really have had a good memory of my life. In comparison to my early life in Taiwan, living in my own house, driving vehicle of my own, and have plenty of foods to eat, etc.

This is why I love the United States so much and my humble dream has become true in my life. I always have lived in my own house after I had my first job. I took advantage of the mortgage system of the American housing system, 5% down payment with a help of cosign with my brother Yancy. He was a senior engineer at that time. Now, I am living in a nice house built in 1982 and is still in excellent shape. There are many rooms for three of us and even ahs a room reserved for our daughter who lives in Austin. When I was in Taiwan, I lived with my parents at a frame tatami duplex of my father's company's dormitory. I always have that in my mind to have my own house as my life time goal. It is all coming together as long as I am working to earn an income; therefore, I can pay off the mortgage eventually and I shall own my house. I shall have a small yard to grown plants which I love.

I am driving a 1998 vehicle to play tennis or running some errands. I have developed a system to manage our vehicles system. We purchase a top of the line vehicle for Amy in three way split of the cost, Amy, Michelle, and myself. I pay a little more; therefore, I decide what kind of new car to buy. Amy drives the new vehicle, Michelle gets Amy's car, Arthur gets Michelle's, while I get Arthur's broken vehicle to fix. It is because that I have had plenty of time to deal with the old vehicle. It is a good system and work fine with our budget. 

I am watching a lot of Chinese cooking nowadays on the You Tube. The food cost in the U.S. is very reasonable. Now, I can afford to buy something I like to eat; however, I have a diabetes to be concerned, and also high blood pressure to be watched. I can't eat to rich and too much in order to avoid the insulin injection. Even though I do have a good memory of my life so far, I still like to manage my rest of life well to keep on that good memory. 

No comments: