Saturday, May 1, 2021

Exxon-Mobil Board is facing challenge/Carlos Pueblo

 Exxon-Mobil Board is facing challenge/Carlos Pueblo

Recently we are receiving many ballots to vote on four board members on Exxon-Mobil. The company's board is facing hedge fund managers' challenge to change the management direction. Exxon-Mobil was the number one company most friendly to these stock market raiders in 2020. Dom you remember Game Stop fiasco early this year? Game Stop was the most unfriendly stock for the hedge fund group. Hedge fund group take advantage of the oil price crash to short XOM and the stock is depressed for a long period of time. I ask two of my friends in the community for advise. They are both retired oil executive with good knowledge in the industry. Before their answering my phone call, I google what is the fighting for. There is a piece article indicates that three pension funds are back the mini coup. I make my mind immediately that I shall go along with the company because that I think the company knows how to manage the company better than the hedge fund managers.

I know that we're waiting for the stock to come back a little bit more to sell some in order to make up the mistake of heavily invest to the company. It is very hard to believe that the drinking water is more expansive than the gasoline. It is also unbelievable that the Game Stock a share is three time of XOM yet this is the stock market. The mighty U.S. dollar is cheaper than the Bitcoin.

I inform Amy and Arthur what we're going to vote for. Amy got out of half her holding at $85 while Arthur and I are still refuse to give up. Cheap oil is one of the factor to fight against the inflation that I believe. Perhaps I can rely on XOM dividends for my source of income.

No comments: