Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Making the mold for my denture/Carlos Pueblo

 Making the mold for my denture/Carlos Pueblo

After two weeks of the healing, I went to the appointment to make the mold measurement for my new denture. Falling teeth is one of my health issue at the old age and the fake teeth set is the reasonable answer. The nurse first inserted two sets of the mold skeleton into my mouth to see if they were fit, then applied the soft plastic to the space of falling teeth to get the mold. The clinic will mail the mold to a laboratory in California to make the denture. I need to come back to try the first draft once the clinic receive the mold made from California.

When I was at the senior high school in Taipei, my uncle, the elder brother of my mother, was very kind allowing both of my brothers to stay with his family in order to save money. He was a successful dentist specialized in the denture and crown. I saw his dental laboratory right behind his clinic on the first floor. I am aware of the denture making procedure. I have had a very found memory of my denture making in Taipei, Taiwan with his son dentist and his grandson dentist in 2013. I saw a denture piece left on a table of my late mother. A piece that had stayed with her for all her life and also a nice gift from her brother to solve her eating difficulty. I decided to go back to Taipei to have one set for myself. At that time, it was cheaper to have it made in Taiwan with a better quality. I managed to reach the old clinic where I stayed back to the 60's. A young and handsome dentist, his grandson, received me and did an extraction. He was not quite sure if I had enough time to have a permanent set made, it was less than a month, yet he asked me to come back to see his father after the weekend. After inspecting my wound healing so well, he confidently determined to go ahead for the permanent set. It is a denture with the construction of metal, plastic and the fake teeth. They are very strong and comfortable.

I want to go go back to visit him to have new sets made, yet the Corona Virus stop me unfortunately. I can take the new subway to his new clinic and also have a good trip to be back to Taiwan. I can also visit my brother and two sisters at my hometown Huwei while I am waiting. I did promise to participate my college 50 years class reunion. Come to think about it, I still can go back to have another set made next year when the pandemic is more relax. I can ask him to mail the new sets to me if I don't have enough time to wait in Taiwan.


No comments: